Thursday 20 September 2012

Bye Bye Microdermals

Three years ago I was feeling extra saucy and decided to do this:

For those of you who don't know, these are microdermals. They are piercing impants that look like little cuff links and sit under your skin. For more on them go here. That link shows you exactly how they are put in. Let me tell you, YES IT HURTS. The redeeming quality of these piercings was that they had a very quick healing time. After one day I forgot they were there. I generally didn't get them caught on anything and just loved how they looked. The piercings didn't even get irritated until about a year after I had them. It sucks when you irritate them because they become all red :( After the inital irritation it became easier to hurt them but after a couple of days they would be back to normal.

About a year ago I did this:
(Sorry about the crappy quality) OH MAN DID THESE HURT. I almost didn't get the second one pierced because it was just too painful. I generally loved these piercings because they were so freaking cool but they got caught SO much more than my other dermals and this past summer I got them taken out. Getting them taken out is almost as bad as putting them in. The piercer basically pulls them out. I thought I was dying.

Why am I telling you this? Well my piercings on my chest have started to reject!! I'm beyond sad. I planned on having them for so much longer than this but a lot of people only have them for a year before they start to reject like my ones on my neck did so really, we've had a good run! Even though I'm making these piercings sound horrible I DO LOVE THEM! I really wouldn't recommend them on the neck (even though they are SO badass in that spot) but I do love my chest ones. I've had them so long that I feel like they have started to become a part of who I am. Besides that I really don't want to get them taken out this Saturday. OUCH.

Here is an ode to my piercings. I'll miss you! (Cue sappy music)



If you have any questions or just want to pay your respects to these beautiful little chunks of metal, feel free to contact me! Now I will leave you for a moment of silence.

xoTaylor

2 comments:

  1. Ouch! I can't imagine how much the ones on your neck must have hurt, brave girl!! And sad face, that the other ones are getting rejected. I absolutely love the look, they're beautiful! Happy weekend, girly! xo V

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH BOY it did hurt but I'm mostly sad that they are gone! I'll write a blog post about it tonight! Thanks for the weekend wishes! I hope yours was wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete