Monday 10 September 2012

Weekend Update

Holy moly I have no idea how I managed to fit so much into one weekend but boy was it fun! Friday night was spent eating thai food with Jordan and watching Scream. So good.

Saturday we traveled to Toronto because Jordan's watch broke. I'll take any excuse to get into the city so we trekked downtown where I took the opportunity to go into a gourmet grocery store. When I saw their macaroons I knew I had to try some! I'm obsessed. They are the fluffiest, most delicious little bites of heaven I've ever tasted and I felt very french eating them. C'est bon! Saturday night was a friend's party. It was outside and therefore very cold and wet but it was still fun to see lots of people.

Yesterday I spent the afternoon making peanut butter balls with my Grandma. OH MY they are my favourite. Reese's Peanut Butter Cups you better watch your back! And finally, I spent the evening at the Toronto International Film Festival with my two best friends!  Erika and I were really set on spotting some celebs. When we couldn't get any tickets to any of the big movies we grabbed tickets to the best thing we could find which happened to be The Deflowering of Eva Van End. It was WEIRD. It was set in Holland and half of it was in subtitles but it was actually a pretty interesting story about a family with a lot of problems who take in an exchange student from Germany who is seemingly perfect and kind of disrupts their lives because he shows them what they missing. We didn't get to see any celebs but it was cool to be a part of TIFF and I think next year the three of us will get a package with 10 tickets in it so we can see lots of movies.

I didn't get home until 1am last night and woke up at 6:45 this morning so I am SO tired. I have my first day of school today. Needless to say, I am less than enthused. I can't wait to go home, take a LONG nap and then stay up as late as I want because I am FREE tomorrow.

Happy Monday my friends!
xoTaylor

No comments:

Post a Comment