Wednesday 24 October 2012

Obsessing over: New Girl. Oh man this show is amazing. I find myself laughing out loud every single episode. I'm on the last disc which is slightly depressing but luckily season 2 is on television now to keep me satisfied. Oh Zooey Deschannel, why do you dress so well? Seriously, every time I watch something with her I find myself wearing a bow in my hair or a shirt with a collar or shorts and tights the next day. She gives me so much outfit inspiration. Perfection.

Working on: catching up on my readings. I was caught up (mostly) until midterms happened. I don't know about anyone else but if I'm focusing on studying for a midterm I cannot keep up with my readings. If I'm stressed about preparing for the exam I'm certaintly not going to waste preious studying hours focusing on another class. The other problem is that in the wake of all the midterm stress, the next week feels like kind of a write-off for me. After all that work I think I deserve a little break. My profs however, would beg to differ. Don't worry though, I forced myself to read yesterday. Bah humbug.

Thinking about:  my post-graduate plan. I know it's about 6 months away but I think it's something every person in their last year probably stresses about. My mom found an ad online for a job at a radio station as an anchor/reporter. It sounds perfect and she wants me to apply but I have almost no credentials and it actually makes no sense because it's full time but she thinks that maybe they would offer me something different. I don't know. I definitely need to start thinking about my plan but I just don't even know when to start. Is now too soon? Should I wait until next semester? Is May too late? Oh boy. Where's the handbook on life, huh?

Reading: I'm currently reading three books right now. Bad form, I know. One is "The Book of Rapture" which I told you about, one is "Slowing Down to the Speed of Life" a book that Jordan gave me which he says will help me with my anxiety and the most unexpected read is "Holy Cow." It's actually a book I had to buy for my Religions and Popular Culture Class. When I saw that we had to read 67 pages of it this week I was not impressed. That's so much reading! The prof assured us that it was such a good book that we'd probably find ourselves finishing it just for fun. I initally scoffed at this but he may have been right. I just started it last night but I have been pleasantly surprised. It's a true story about a woman from Australia who travels to India. So far she's convinced me NEVER to travel there. Here anecdotes are hilarious but also slightly terrifying. I would be in complete culture shock. I can't wait to read more!

Wishing for: a solid sleep in tomorrow. I've become soft  now that I have Tuesdays and Thursdays off so working three days in a row this week feels like Chinese water torture. I'm a student. I must milk these free days while I still have the chance.

Guys...one week till Halloween! Get excited!

xoaTaylor

No comments:

Post a Comment