Wednesday 17 October 2012

Quotable

I've decided that Quotable will be a regular thing around here. It won't really be on any specific day but expect to see it popping up every now and then, accompanied by a beautiful picture from tumblr that really has nothing to do with it. I'm wild like that.

I'm a bit of a quote junky. I have an art/quote journal from a long time ago (which really needs to be dusted off and added to!) and for my birthday Jordan got my a beautiful leather bound book with my initials on the front that I put beautiful quotes in too. I wish I had more time to focus on them because I've collected so many quotes that they deserve to be put somewhere beautiful besides in emails to myself or word documents.

This quote is one I heard while watching Beginnners. It's from the Velveteen Rabbit and it's incredibly profound and beautiful.

"You cannot be ugly, except to those who do not understand."

Shivers. I think it can say so much about how you should see yourself and others. It's my new favourite.

Enjoy the profound words and I hope they help guide you or give you comfort or just plain make you smile.

xoTaylor


No comments:

Post a Comment