Sunday 13 January 2013

Baby Shower

 The day for the baby shower has finally come. I must admit that I am glad that it's finally come and gone. It was a TON of work and it also means that we are just getting closer to meeting my nephew!

Friday night Jordan and I spent an ungodly amount of time making the tim bits (or donut holes for my American pals). Saturday my sister (Amanda) and I spent all day yesterday putting the chocolate on the cake pops. They turned out so gorgeous. We made six dozen and it took forever. After that we also had to make pom poms. Mighty easy and we watched The Bachelor while doing it. Who's excited about Kacie B. being back?? (I am!)

Anywho...today was finally the day. The shower was at one and I got there early to set up. We had an amazing dessert spread: a chocolate fountain, cake pops, cupcakes, cheese cake, cookies, fruit...YUM. I made myself stick to fruit. Sad but strong as I'd like to think. How amazing was the fruit baby!? And my sister's mother and sister-in-law made those sugar cookies too. So amazing. The best part was that Erika was with me to keep me company. I got to hang out with my best friend and didn't have to talk to too many people I didn't really want to talk to because I had Erika to make me look busy (haha). Finally...look how big Amanda is! Huggeeeeee. I love it. All I do is touch her belly.

After the shower I went over to Jordan's for dinner and then we went to see The Hobbit. Obviously not my choice but I've been saying I'd go with him forever and it was his treat so who am I to say no? We saw it in IMAX 3D which I've come to realize I hate. 3D is hard enough to handle as it is. It's like brain overload. These glasses are effing with your eyes and then on top of that your eyes are freaking out trying to get perspective since there are so many layers to the picture now. If that's not enough, thanks to IMAX, every sound blasts in your ear.That being said...for a 3 hour movie that I had little interest in seeing, I found myself pretty entertained. Gollum is my favourite, even though he's a psycho.

Well kids, I'm watching episodes from season one of Girls (for probably the millionth time) since I missed the premier of season two tonight. Oh man I can't wait to see it when it comes onto HBO on demand (fingers crossed for tomorrow).

Bye for now.

xoTaylor

(ps only three days till Macbook time if all goes well!)

No comments:

Post a Comment