Monday 4 February 2013

Elizabethtown


After I finished my essay last night I decided to relax by watching an old favourite, Elizabethtown. It's about Drew Baylor (Orlando Bloom) who meets Claire Colburn (Kirsten Dunst) on his flight to Louisville for his Dad's funeral. Before he found out about his Dad's death Drew was planning on killing himself. Clair and his experience in Elizabethtown, Kentucky change everything for him.

I love this movie because it's so quirky. Kirsten Dunst's character is so weird but so optimistic and full of amazing one-liners...the whole movie is full of them actually. It's just an overall feel-good movie and I'm finding myself wanting a red hat just like Claire's. Also it features an amazing road trip with an even better soundtrack.

This movie has some of my favourite quotes in it. Here are a few:

*It takes time to be funny. It takes time to extract joy from life.

*I'm impossible to forget, but I'm hard to remember. 

*You wanna be really great? Then have the courage to fail big and stick around. Make them wonder why you're still smiling.

*Sadness is easier because its surrender. I say make time to dance alone with one hand waving free.

*We were complete opposites and it worked. And something happened between us that was not part of the plan... we were in love. 

*I will miss your lips and everything attached to them.

*This loss will be met with a hurricane of love.

*We are intrepid. We carry on.

If you like these quotes you should really watch the movie because some of them become even more beautiful within the context. So good.

XoTaylor


No comments:

Post a Comment