Monday 15 July 2013

Dreams


This was a quote that I thought over a lot while I was considering moving to Toronto. I still let it roll through my mind when I find myself doubting my decision. I don't know if I've ever felt so scared of a decision that is also so incredibly exciting. Maybe I felt this way about moving 6 hours away to go to university. I can't really remember. The difference now is that I have so much less of a safety net. While I was able to feel safe in my ability to stay in Ottawa, my main worry was meeting people. Now that I'm moving to Toronto, it's the other way around. I'm moving with my best friend, our other best friend lives there and I already know that I'll never be stumped for what to do. My fear here stems from having to fully be independent for the first time. I'm making this move with no job. It's terrifying but I've built up a bit of a nest egg so I do have some comfortable padding. If I can't find a job in the time before my money runs out then I must be pretty useless.

I don't want to talk to much about the apartment on here until we know things are for sure (I'm feeling superstitious). Just know that I'm feeling very excited about the prospects of independence and following my dreams. I can't wait to share whatever happens next with you. 

xoTaylor

No comments:

Post a Comment