Friday 27 September 2013

It Ain't That Bad


I find it incredibly easy to forget that my biggest problems, are not really problems.

This morning I was running late so I decided to grab my breakfast and coffee on the way. I went through the drive thru to save time and put my order in. I ordered a large coffee with two milk and two sweeteners, a bottle of water and a bagel toasted with butter. The lady repeated my order back to me completely wrong so I repeated it back for it. I got to the window, paid my money and drove away. When I got to class I realized that she didn't fix my order at all. My coffee was made with sugar and my bagel had cream cheese on it. I said a couple of not so nice words and began a rant in my head about how it's not so hard to get things right. I worked at a coffee shop for two years. Blah.Blah.Blah.

The truth is that I have people around me who are going through much worse things in their lives than getting a mixed up bagel and a not-so-sweet coffee. I know people dealing with health issues, money issues, and I'm sure some things that they are keeping to themselves. I, on the other hand, don't have any of these issues. I have everything I need and minimal worries. I need to keep reminding myself this. No matter how bad my life gets, it's really not that bad.

It's hard to be grateful sometimes in the face of what feels like a million problems, even when they are insignificant. So to help myself remember what's important, here are some quotes. They always seem to calm me down when I run them though my head.







xoTaylor

No comments:

Post a Comment