Tuesday 10 September 2013

Secret of the Week

I chose this postcard for it's amazing story that was included after. I love a good happy ending.
June 18, 2013

Dear Frank,

I recognized my dad's card as soon as I saw it. All of us kids sat him down tonight and asked him about it- turns out it was written and sent a year ago, when my mom had just broken his heart, and he was hopelessly lost.

Now a year later, he's healthier than he's been in years, our family is closer than ever, and, thanks to the strange blessing of PostSecret, tonight we all had the opportunity to share our appreciation, love and support of one another.

My dad is working on a follow-up postcard to reassure you and the supportive PostSecret Community. This whole process has been incredibly therapeutic for him and for us kids too.
 



Also: I found this update on the secret that I posted last week!

This was the secret:
Less than an hour after the first secret was posted Sunday, Reddit volunteers had identified the exact location on the postcard. Reddit moderators then self-censored their site to ensure that the information would not wrongly implicate someone in a crime. The Chicago Police were notified multiple times and investigated. They searched the site and found nothing unusual. I continue to be in contact with the Chicago Police. 

This was reported in The Chicago Tribune


xoTaylor

No comments:

Post a Comment