Sunday 20 October 2013

Weekends


A weekend...what is that again? I think I vaguely remember what a weekend is...I think it's one of those things that lucky people get to enjoy. Me? No, I don't get to enjoy the weekend you speak of. I work instead.

Since I've got two jobs now... a day job and a part time job, I now get to spend the weekends selling bras to people. Doesn't that sound like fun? Well, I guess it can be. I get to work with some fun girls and I run around a lot (instead of parking my butt on the couch all weekend) and I get to make money!

All through high school (and in second year of university) I had a part time job and was very used to working weekends. I remember once seeing someone my age come into my work and thinking "Why aren't they working today? What do you do with your weekend if you're not working?" Yeah...that's how accustomed I'd come to working weekends. For the last two years I haven't worked a single weekend and that suited me just fine. Now, I'm back to my old ways.

The thing I've now noticed is that I savour the parts of the weekend that I do get to enjoy. Saturday I worked from 8:30am-12:30pm and had the whole afternoon and night! When I got home from work I really soaked up my Saturday afternoon. I drank coffee, cuddled up in a warm sweater and hung out in bed watching Netflix. It was pretty awesome. It was like I forgot how awesome weekends were. Silly me.

So the moral of this story is that having something taken away from me only made me appreciate it more. Ain't that just the way of the world?

You better believe that the fact that I've been off work since 5:30 tonight means that I've been living it up Sunday night style as well. Hooray for the little things.

xoTaylor

No comments:

Post a Comment