Monday 30 December 2013

2013: A Year in Review


Wow. Another year is almost over and it feels like it went by so fast and so slow at the same time. Thinking of the year it feels like so much happened…and then it also feels like I was celebrating New Years in Jamaica just yesterday.

This was the year that I became an aunt. The year that I moved out of my parents home. The year that I finally made my way to the big city. The year I learned all about independence and paying bills. The year that I finally finished college. The year that Jordan and I decided that we were ready to move in together (but who knows exactly when that will happen!). The year that I got to move in with my best friend. The year I pushed myself outside of my comfort zone and refused to let myself wonder "what if…"

I've learned so much this year about who I am and what I want and what being in the real world is really like. I hope next year leaves me feeling as accomplished as this one.

I'm also happy to leave this year behind. I've found a lot of things that I don't like and I hope to reconcile those in the new year.

Here's to opportunities to make a change and another year on the horizon.

xoTaylor

No comments:

Post a Comment